As you know, Taco Nights are a big hit in my house. It’s a big request every time we do our meal plan and it guarantees me that we will have clean plates and happy faces. Our concept is pretty open to whatever we have on our fridge.
Lately, we have moved towards to reducing the amount of meat we consume. We are not on a path to becoming vegetarians, but we are making a shift towards making vegetables the focus of our meals and meats to be a side dish.
One of my favorite veggies to use when I’m cutting on meat is cauliflower. We can have it in a stir fry, steamed in floretes, as a filler to regular meat or just grilled like you would would with a piece of steak. Last night we added cauliflower to our taco meat and the result was delicious. All you need is a food processor and some good seasoning. Serve with tortillas, avocado, red cabbage and anything else your family likes in their tacos. The dish comes together quickly and its full of flavor. We are definitely making this again in the near future.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped white onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of Taco Seasoning
- Cut the cauliflower into big chunks and add them to the food processor. Grate the cauliflower until you reach a ground meat consistency.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and white onions. Saute until tender. Add the taco seasoning and mix
- Pour the ground turkey into the mixture and cook until it browns. Mix in the cauliflower and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Making a whole in the middle of the skillet, add the tomato sauce and apple cider vinegar. Slowly mix until everything is coated.
- Add the chopped cilantro before serving and enjoy.