Do you have a “go-to” emergency recipe? For us is anything Tuna salad. It’s something extremely easy to make and everyone is happy. The recipe was actually from my husband but has slowly evolved into a veggie loaded dish. The best part is that we can add everyone’s favorite ingredients and compromise.
Tuna salads are extremely forgiving and you can put one together with any vegetables you have in your refrigerator. When I make these, I don’t have to worry about having other sides because with one sandwich they will have a full meal.
We make these on brioche buns or serve them straight with crackers. It depends on what I have on my pantry at the time. It even works over rice, that’s my husbands preference. But he will will eat anything with rice.
If you don’t have all the ingredients, feel free to modify. You can also add whatever your family likes. And if you are making these a day before, I recommend you keep the avocado aside until its time to serve. Hope you enjoy it!
- 8 oz of Tuna
- 2 Avocados
- 1/3 cup of Pickles
- 1/3 cup of Black Olives
- 1/4 cup of Diced Onions
- 3 Fire Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Tbp of Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp of Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Small dice the avocados, pickles, onion, red pepers and black olives
- Drain the tuna and add all other ingredients
- Mix and serve
- I use Coconut mayonnaise. The flavor is lighter and doesn’t overpower the rest of the salad
- I prefer to use Tuna in Olive oil. I explain more in this post.